Afghanistan is winnable, we just don't have the will or the intestinal
fortitude to do what it would take.

I all honestly, there was a point after teh Taliban fell, when there were
only a very few troops in the country, that we had basically won, and could
have left to allow them to build there own country.  It would have led to a
civil war, but that's going to happen anyway.

Two majors things hamstrung us early on in Afghanistan.  The invasion of
Iraq, and removing operational control from SOCOM and giving in to big Army
and now NATO.