No.  Had we left at that point it would have been a win, but we decided to
stay and make a show of democracy and nation building.

Thing is, while I still maintain we could win if we wanted to, it would
really ruin us on the world stage and require a huge expansion of our
efforts.  Huge like reinstate the draft and re-purpose our economy in a
declared war type huge.  Huge like post world war 2 Marshall plan
reeducation camps huge.  It would stretch far beyond the borders of
Afghanistan.  Kill, capture or co-opt a generation.