From: LRS Scout [mailto:lrssc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 2:07 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: In Reversal, Army Bans High-Performance Rifle Mags

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/05/25/in-reversal-army-bans-high-per
formance-rifle-mags.html

This is a horrible decision that must have been made by some POG who has
never heard a shot fired in anger.

The simple fact is that the old tired magazines that we were issued had
horrible performance issues.  The springs would weaken if left loaded, the
marterials were weak and prone to bending and crimping.  The vast majority
of weapon malfunctions were caused specifically by crappy magazines.  The
M-16A2 and M-4 rifles both performed very well in all kinds of environments.
I might have some complaints about the round, and wouldn't mind seeing us go
back to something like the 7.62, or move forward with something like the 6.8
but that's neither here nor there.

Simply put this decision can and likely will cause the loss of life.  I
cannot imagine what the motive for this decision is, other than the
possibility of someone that produces the crappy metal mags was losing money.

Arm chair commandos.