I managed to get my hands on some decent HK mags, and the rest some 100
mile an hour tape doctored them up enough to work well.  In training I have
seen bad mags a bunch, double feeds, bad lips, shitty springs and so on.

Truth be told the only malfunctions I had during combat were related to
crew served weapons.  My Mk-19 went down during an ambush outside Ghazni.
We hadn't seen any LSA; and CLP and other lubes just went to shit in the
cold, and got gummed up with dust.  During the same fight we had 2 240Bs
got down because of the graphite lube.  I think it was cold related as well.

How you enjoying the world man?

You on block leave yet?