"I think only taxpayers should be allowed to vote.  You get one vote for
each dollar you pay in taxes."

I have argued for years that only land owners should be allowed to vote on
local bonds since property taxes end up paying for the bonds.

I have also argued that those on federal assistance should not be allowed
to vote.  It's like voting to keep paying yourself.

However, I do not endorse having to pay taxes to vote.  Really wronging
stay at home Moms who are often more valuable than many white collar
workers.

"Oh, and those who serve in the military get votes and don't have to pay
taxes ever."

Of course they should be allowed to vote.  It's unfortunate how often their
absentee ballots get lost.

As for taxes, they should pay like everyone else.  But, the tax should be a
national consumption tax, not a progressive income tax.

-

The short memories of American voters is what keeps our politicians in
office. - Will Rogers