Personally I think it is one of two things.  The first is a way to prove
that Obama has more small dollar donors than large.  Sure, the registry can
be under the poster, however each donation will be recorded under the gift
giver.  This inflates the overall count of donors.

The second is desperation.  Obama has said that he was going to raise a ton
of money for his 2012 campaign.  I remember hearing a billion,
unfortunately this late at night I can't cite it so we'll keep it a "a
butt-load."

My guess is that his campaign donations aren't projected to reach that
level and they're trying to be creative in their begging.  This led me to
post the following comment on Facebook:
"Next thing you know, they'll be asking folks to skip their morning
coffee... maybe he could co-opt one of those old Christian Children's Fund
commercials. "For about the cost of a cup of coffee a day, you could help
Obama get reelected." Sally Struthers might even be willing to voice it :-P"

Until Later!
C. Hatton Humphrey
http://www.eastcoastconservative.com