If you don't already believe that President Obama has jumped the shark,
this might convince you:

Obama Asks People Getting Married To Forgo Gifts, Ask Their Guests To
Donate To His Campaign Instead… (
http://weaselzippers.us/2012/06/22/obama-asks-people-getting-married-to-forgo-gifts-ask-guests-to-donate-to-his-campaign-instead/
 )
<https://my.barackobama.com/EventRegistry-20120622-HQB>

Got a birthday, anniversary, or wedding coming up?

Let your friends know how important this election is to you—register with
Obama 2012, and ask for a donation in lieu of a gift. It’s a great way to
support the President on your big day. Plus, it’s a gift that we can all
appreciate—and goes a lot further than a gravy bowl.

Setting up and sharing your registry page is easy—so get started
today<https://my.barackobama.com/EventRegistry-20120622-HQB>
.

-

What we have here in America today is a real-life jump-the-shark drama,
starring a super-narcissistic president so desperate to create his own
vainglorious legacy that he is willing to destroy his own political party
and do enduring damage to his country in pursuit of his purely selfish
ends. - Kyle-Anne Sh