"....and I am furious about the raids on the medical marijuana facilities."

Duh.

I figured out why the US won't stop the ridiculous battle against pot.
 It's all about the banks.  Just like the bailouts.

Banks Financing Mexico Gangs Admitted In Wells Fargo
Deal<http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-29/banks-financing-mexico-s-drug-cartels-admitted-in-wells-fargo-s-u-s-deal.html>

Wachovia, it turns out, had made a habit of helping move money for Mexican
drug smugglers.Wells Fargo & Co., which bought Wachovia in 2008, has
admitted in court that its unit failed to monitor and report suspected
money laundering by narcotics traffickers

Wachovia admitted it didn’t do enough to spot illicit funds in handling
$378.4 billion for Mexican-currency-exchange houses from 2004 to 2007.
That’s the largest violation of the Bank Secrecy Act, an
anti-money-laundering law, in U.S. history -- a sum equal to one-third of
Mexico’s current gross domestic product.

“Wachovia’s blatant disregard for our banking laws gave international
cocaine cartels a virtual carte blanche to finance their operations,” says
Jeffrey Sloman, the federal prosecutor who handled the case.

Wachovia was just one bank in the trade.  There are many more.

As always, follow the money.

-

The two real political parties in America are the Winners and the Losers.
The people don't acknowledge this. They claim membership in two imaginary
parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, instead. - Kurt Vonn