There wasn't a whole lot of old-time acoustic folk this year. Neko
Case held down the alt-country standard and there were a handful of
traditional acts but really a lot of diversity.

This year had two African acts, Sierra Leon Refuge All Stars and
Bombino. I highly recommend Bombino, they were a hell of a lot of fun,
in the savannah/blues style of Ali Farka Toure. Lake Street Dive (whom
I've posted here before) blew me away, as expected. They take a more
jazz-oriented approach with a lot of time signature changes and
intricate flows but are fundamentally about big, vocally-driven, soul.
A friend made the comment that they are set up to be the new Sharon
Jones and The Dap Kings. I don't disagree. The lead singer of the
Violent Femmes came in with his new Cajun band, the Lost Bayou
Ramblers and they did a couple of VF covers. I didn't care for them,
much, but it was interesting at least.

Lots of good stuff that I'm still digesting.

Cheers,
Judah