The one real cool use of DropBox I've seen is what a guy I know does
for web development. He has his own home based web server, where his
inetpub folder is aliased to dropbox (not sure of the proper
terminology here). Then he can access the code anywhere on his iPad
using Textastic which has a dropbox client built in. He gets the files
from DropBox, edits and save them back to dropbox. Then he can see the
results on his web server. Not quite working like on a lap top but I
can see the uses.