I've got a notes directory on my computer where I have day notes, client
notes, thoughts, etc. all in text docs. I sync it with the stick so if the
stick dies, it's not my only copies.
Personally, I'm against remote drives as I'd have to be online to access
the content. But then again, if I lose or forget the stick...