From: GMoney [mailto:gm0n3...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 4:02 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Why Israel Doesn't Trust Obama

I went to dinner with a pair of folks last night. Two more Christian people
you will not meet.

One was a bit late because he had spent some time praying with an elderly
friend of his. The other was even later because she had taken communion to
some people who were house-bound.

Both are opposed to gay marriage.

Christians, by and large, have done a good job of keeping to many of the
core tenets that Jesus preached. They do help the poor. They are kind in
spirit. They do help their neighbors.

But so many of them have gotten lost in the rest of it....in the red tape
bullshit that capital-R "Religion" has steeped upon the few words that Jesus
actually spoke in that ancient scripture.

How did "Love thy neighbor" become "only the people we like can share in
God's love"???

It's unfortunate, because these are GOOD people.