Some of the maps on the Tax foundation site are very interesting.
http://taxfoundation.org/maps?page=1

For instance one of the thigns that Romney complains about, the
distribution of the EIC entitlements, as he calls it, maps very
closely to majority Republican states.
http://taxfoundation.org/blog/monday-map-eic-recipients-state