On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Jerry Milo Johnson <jmi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I do most of my personal dev now remotely on a bluehost server, dev and
> prod versions, using svn to manage code and production push.
>
> I just started using dropbox for shared dev files, so have limited
> experience in that, but I can see where this might be a good idea.
>
> Work dev is a localdev/dev/staging/prod system using svn and webistrano as
> the release mechanism. I havent quite got their yet for personal projects.

I'd like to keep all my development on a local machine if possible. I work
on many many different projects over the course of a day/week/month, all
for different clients, some with different SVN/Git/DB, etc. I really prefer
developing locally though. I just hate maintaining "stuff" around the
office.

Keeping two copies os anything that I have to sync manually stinks for me
because I have so many things I routinely touch and some that I only mess
with 2 or 3 times a year. I just don't like having to maintain all that
manually in any way shape or form.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress