So I have decided to really ramp up my web development skills (not back end CF
or PHP, front end) and I am looking for a good book(s) to help with this. I am
already getting heavy into Photoshop and I figure that with intermediate
Photoshop skills and advanced web design skills I should have no issues finding
work when I retire in a couple years. I will look for work in my chosen degree
field (ISS) but in the event that I can't find anything in that field, I can
always fall back on developing for the web.

And to who recommended Headfirst PHP and MySQL, thank you. That is a great book
and I learned a lot and even rolled out a full blown PHP site, complete with
admin backend for my MC (I did have to buy a nice template though).

Thanks,
Bruce