On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Judith Dinowitz <jdino...@houseoffusion.com
> wrote:

> I just don't like these blanket statements, Cameron. For example, I
> can think of several people who call themselves Christians who, I have
> found, do what they say they will do.

Really, my statement could have just as well been that I wish people in
general would just do what they say they will do.

My real gripe is when someone believes they are better than "all those
damn heathens" because of their "Christian Morals" (insert
X religion here). Associating good behavior to someone's faith (to me) is
complete bullshit and doesn't really mean anything at all. People are
people. Assholes are assholes. Criminals are criminals. Belonging to a
particular faith means nothing. Every time I hear someone saying "that's
not the Christian thing to do", they might as well be saying "that's not
the left handed siberian potato farmer thing to do" because it doesn't mean
anything at all.

People trying to claim they are better then others because of
their religion, which is extraordinarily common among many religions just
rubs me the entirely wrong way. Especially when some of the people who make
this claim and then turn around behave in the worst way imaginable. Maybe
the misbehavers are the same percentage of people as the general
population, but then - why even make the claim? It's bullshit.

-Cameron