On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Jerry Barnes <critic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have heard many say death to lawyers.  It may happen due to starvation.
>  They may not be able to buy food.

I have a friend who's a single mother and going to law school in Atlanta at
a private law school - taking on a large of debt to finance it. In her case
this is a second career and she's already interning at a financial
regulatory agency that will almost certainly hire her when she's done. But
from what she says many of the students there are just going through school
with mommy and daddy money. The people with loans are generally working
harder, but not always.

In general though, a law degree will help you get into many other fields as
well. I know someone who's working for a venture capital firm, for example.
There are other non-lawyer jobs that are out there. But not enough to make
up for this level of difference between jobs and candidates.

I think that education loans in general are a bubble that will start
defaulting massively at some point.

-Cameron