You don't have to believe in the bible to know that it is a huge
influence in our society. The idea of expunging it from our lives is
to rob future generations of history and knowledge that brought us to
where we are. Whether  it's true are not doesn't matter in the large
scheme of things, the fact that it's made civilization better is what
counts. Sure there were some really bad times caused by it, but in
general more good than bad has come of it. Like many Chinese proverbs
can be attributed to common sense, they are still lessons to many. The
bible is part of our education that got us here so it should not be
frowned upon but respected for it's impact.

.