"so your evidence for your argument is that in some places, you cannot buy
beer on Sundays."

No, it's no my evidence.  It's just a fact.  One in which you still cannot
give a reason for.

I can't figure out why you are so adamantly trying to defend the argument
that Bible is no longer relevant today?  Acknowledging that it is still
influential doesn't discredit Atheist creds.

"what about recognition of a divorceĀ….that seems to go against the
religion."

How so?  Divorce is not encouraged in most religions, but it is not
forbidden.

"what about being allowed to work on Sunday?"
"what about all those things in the Dr. Laura joke?"

What about them?  These are issues that are addressed with New Testament
theology, which I am not going to get into.

"That had nothing to do with religion."

Wrong.  Monarchs were theoretically placed in power by God.

"So, I stand by my assertion that the bible isn't relevant to legislation
today. "

That was not your original assertion.  It was the Bible's relation to
society.  Society =/= legislation even if that's what all the progressive
statists want.

-

Ninety percent of politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
- Henry Kissinger

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel,
go out and buy some more tunnel. - John Quinton