So what is a consensus? A majority? A plurality? A large group?
39%?

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/021513-644725-geoscientists-engineers-dont-believe-in-climate-change.htm

The global warming alarmists repeat the line endlessly. They claim that
there is a consensus among scientists that man is causing climate change.
Fact is, they're not even close.
Yes, many climate scientists believe that emissions of greenhouse gases are
heating the earth. Of course there are some who don't.
But when confining the question to geoscientists and engineers, it turns
out that only 36% believe that human activities are causing Earth's climate
to warm.

This is the finding of the peer-reviewed paper "Science or Science Fiction?
Professionals' Discursive Construction of Climate Change" and this group is
categorized as the "Comply with Kyoto" cohort.
Members of this group, not unexpectedly, "express the strong belief that
climate change is happening, that it is not a normal cycle of nature, and
humans are the main or central cause."
Academics Lianne M. Lefsrud of the University of Alberta and Renate E.
Meyer of Vienna University of Economics and Business, and the Copenhagen
Business School, came upon that number through a survey of 1,077
professional engineers and geoscientists.
Their work also revealed that 24% "believe that changes to the climate are
natural, normal cycles of the earth" while another 10% consider the "'real'
cause of climate change" to be "unknown" and acknowledge that "nature is
forever changing and uncontrollable."
The 10% group, known as the "Economic Responsibility" cohort, expresses
"much stronger and more negative emotions than any other group, especially
that climate science is a fraud and hoax and that regulation is futile,
useless, and impossible."
The 24% group, tagged as the "Nature is Overwhelming" faction, is the "most
likely to speak against climate science as being science fiction,
'manipulated and fraudulent'" and is "least likely to believe that the
scientific debate is settled, that IPCC modeling is accurate."
The researchers also found a group they call the "Fatalists" — the 17% who
"diagnose climate change as both human- and naturally caused," "consider
climate change to be a smaller public risk with little impact on their
personal life" and "are skeptical that the scientific debate is settled
regarding the IPCC modeling."
Lefsrud and Meyer also note that "skepticism regarding anthropogenic
climate change remains" among climate scientists. They mention, as well,
that "the proportion of papers found in the ISI Web of Science database
that explicitly endorsed anthropogenic climate change has fallen from 75%
(for the period between 1993 and 2003) as of 2004 to 45% from 2004 to 2008,
while outright disagreement has risen from 0% to 6%."

If the alarmists are getting only limited cooperation from man, they are
getting even less from nature itself. Arctic sea ice, which sent the green
shirts into a lather when it hit a record low in the summer of 2012, has
"with a few weeks of growth still to occur ... blown away the previous
record for ice gain this winter."
"This is only the third winter in history," when more than 10 million
square kilometers of new ice has formed in the Arctic, Real Science
reported on Tuesday, using data from Arctic Climate Research at the
University of Illinois.
At the same time, the Antarctic "is now approaching 450 days of
uninterrupted above normal ice area," says the skeptical website Watts Up
With That, which, also using University of Illinois Arctic Climate Research
data, notes that "the last time the Antarctic sea ice was below normal" was
Nov. 22, 2011.
This is all illuminating information. But it won't get the same media
attention given to Al Gore and the usual assortment of eco-radicals,
because it violates the narrative that our selfish activities are warming
this planet.
It is consistent, however, with what most people call common sense.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: