--=====================_13568328==_.ALT

  I have a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan (it was new when I bought it).  I love it.
  Way back when I bought it, I test drove an Odyssey.  I seem to remember
that it was very small in comparison.

  I tried to test drive the Ford vehicle.  (Windstar / Aerostar .. one of
them).

  Me being a 20-something kid with long hair walking into a Ford dealership.
  "Hi, I'm looking to test drive a [minivan]"
  "I'm sorry, I can't help you."

  I've never been so shocked.  At the time I was test-driving every
mini-van on the market.  Everyone other car salesman offered to get me one
from another dealership or use alternate ways of "searching" for the car I
wanted.  This guy just had a 'leave me alone' attitude, so I gave up
looking at Ford's altogether.

  I never test drove the Town & Country (out of my price range), but if you
do by Chrysler, make sure you get the extended warranty.  I've had nothing
but problems with my Caravan.  ~70,000 miles I had to replace the
transmission (~$4,000) and a year later, green stuff (Anti-freeze?) was
leaking, which corroded other parts which turned into another $1,000.
  The windshield wipers routinely go on and off for no apparent
reason.  The dealer couldn't track down the problem, but offered to do $500
worth of work which may (or may not) have an affect on the problem.

  Now the car will routinely stall and be stuck on the side of the road for
a half hour, then start up again without problems.  I've had it into the
shop twice and they can't find anything wrong.

  Anyway, Chrysler / Dodge... same company.  Get the extended warranty.  It
would have saved me thousands.

  I didn't like the Odyssey, because it was horrendously small.
  If you can get a Consumer Reports car report issue, do it.  Despite my
hassles with the local Ford dealership, the only Minivan with good
maintenance ratings was the Ford stuff.

--
Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Need a Web Developer?  Contact me!

&nbsp;I have a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan (it was new when I bought
it).&nbsp; I love it.<br>
&nbsp;Way back when I bought it, I test drove an Odyssey.&nbsp; I seem to
remember that it was very small in comparison.<br><br>
&nbsp;I tried to test drive the Ford vehicle.&nbsp; (Windstar / Aerostar
.. one of them).<br><br>
&nbsp;Me being a 20-something kid with long hair walking into a Ford
dealership. <br>
&nbsp;&quot;Hi, I'm looking to test drive a [minivan]&quot;<br>
&nbsp;&quot;I'm sorry, I can't help you.&quot;&nbsp; <br><br>
&nbsp;I've never been so shocked.&nbsp; At the time I was test-driving
every mini-van on the market.&nbsp; Everyone other car salesman offered
to get me one from another dealership or use alternate ways of
&quot;searching&quot; for the car I wanted.&nbsp; This guy just had a
'leave me alone' attitude, so I gave up looking at Ford's
altogether.<br><br>
&nbsp;I never test drove the Town &amp; Country (out of my price range),
but if you do by Chrysler, make sure you get the extended warranty.&nbsp;
I've had nothing but problems with my Caravan.&nbsp; ~70,000 miles I had
to replace the transmission (~$4,000) and a year later, green stuff
(Anti-freeze?) was leaking, which corroded other parts which turned into
another $1,000.&nbsp; <br>
&nbsp;The windshield wipers routinely go on and off for no apparent
reason.&nbsp; The dealer couldn't track down the problem, but offered to
do $500 worth of work which may (or may not) have an affect on the
problem.&nbsp; <br><br>
&nbsp;Now the car will routinely stall and be stuck on the side of the
road for a half hour, then start up again without problems.&nbsp; I've
had it into the shop twice and they can't find anything wrong.<br><br>
&nbsp;Anyway, Chrysler / Dodge... same company.&nbsp; Get the extended
warranty.&nbsp; It would have saved me thousands.<br><br>
&nbsp;I didn't like the Odyssey, because it was horrendously small.&nbsp;
&nbsp;If you can get a Consumer Reports car report issue, do it.&nbsp;
Despite my hassles with the local Ford dealership, the only Minivan with
good maintenance ratings was the Ford stuff.&nbsp; <br><br>
&nbsp;<br><br>
the Honda Odyssey or Chrysler Town and<br>
&gt; Country?</blockquote><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
--<br>
Jeffry Houser |
Need a Web Developer?&nbsp; Contact me! <br>
AIM: Reboog711&nbsp; | Fax / Phone: 1-203-379-0773<br>
--<br>
My CFMX Book: &lt;<a
href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072225564/instantcoldfu-20";
eudora="autourl"><font