On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM, C. Hatton Humphrey <chumph...@gmail.com>wrote:

> What's interesting is that there are many Republicans and Democrats that
> are against any action.
>
> Also, don't think that there isn't some political calculus behind Boehner
> and Cantor backing the President on this.  If Congress (regardless of how
> the vote falls) doesn't back the President it becomes another point where
> Obama can go to the mic and say, "I tried to do something but the
> Republicans wouldn't work with me."

Not sure this explanation holds. Republicans have blocked all kinds of
shit, and haven't cared one iota about the prez saying so. They just don't
care. So why do they now suddenly care???

Perhaps Republicans simply like to bomb things even more than they like to
disagree with Democratic presidents :)