As well as the War Powers act...

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry C. Lyons [mailto:larrycly...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 3:38 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Boehner, Cantor, Pelosi and Obama all agree on something

Technically unless Congress gave him the authority, he has to go to congress
for permission. Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States
Constitution, gives Congress the power to declare war, in the following
wording:

[The Congress shall have Power...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque
and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;