I am proud to announce that the Illinois House has passed SB10, the Illinois
Religious Freedom and Marriage Equality Bill.  The senate also re-passed it
this evening shortly after the House's action as the house added an
amendment to the bill to make it effective June 1st, so they would only need
60 votes.  The bill will go to Governor Pat Quinn's desk where he has
already said he would sign it.  This makes Illinois the 15th state to
enshrine Marriage Equality into law.  It's been a long and hard fight for
this...many of us put a lot of time collecting signatures and postcards,
going out to events and parades to talk to people and get them to sign
postcards to send to their state reps, attending marches and protests
outside our state rep's offices and at our state Capitol in Springfield.  As
of June 1st, 2014, all couples in the state of Illinois, gay or straight,
will be able to get legally married and enjoy the benefits grated as such.
GO ILLINOIS!!!!

Eric