Kansas City gets lightning and floods and tornadoes and snowstorms and
blizzards and you-name-it.......but in my 37 years here, there have only
really been two occasions where I have been completely terrified by the
weather :the ice storms of March 1983 and February 2002.

In the 2002 storm, they estimated that 95% of the trees in Kansas City were
damaged. NINETY FIVE PERCENT.  I will never forget lying awake all night in
a 45 degree completely black house, listening for the next *CRACK* as
another branch came tumbling down, and wondering if the next one would land
on my house and crush the bed i was laying in. This went on for about 3
straight nights. My road was impassable for 3 days...it looked like King
Kong had gone on a rampage.

Everyone please be careful.