Libertarians poll around 12% of the population, registered republicans
higher.

Your 90% number is pulled from thin air.

Which doesn't even get into the notion that background checks will somehow
fix any of this.  It's like Pandora's box in a way.  It's already been
opened.

There are as many guns as people in this country.

If you stopped manufacturing them today, prohibited ownership today, the
black market would still thrive, and under ground manufacturing would boom.

This is not this question by the way.