I liked Sec Gen Ban's comment.

"Once again, Palestinian civilians are caught between Hamas'
irresponsibility and Israel's tough response," Ban said.

I don't have an easy solution, but I suspect that storing rockets in a
church basement, while a shooting war is going on, is probably going to
result in a bad outcome.

What exactly do you believe _should_ be the response to an unending barrage
of rockets fired at civilian population centers?

I don't have a good alternate to suggest.