Yeah...it's the promised land for PM and managers because the devs are doing
their job for them.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Milo Johnson [mailto:jmi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 8:22 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Sometimes...

Well, no.
Scrum is an attempt to apply engineering principles to a historically
unmeasurable process.

and like with baking, or making cement, following the process AS CLOSELY AS
POSSIBLE is the actual purpose.

the client can say "i need a double batch", or "I need it to dry
underwater", but that just directs the team to change the formula, the
client doesn't get to say "add more lyme, and use orange juice instead of
water."

when done well, i have seen it work great. but i usually see a train wreck.

but that is true of all dev methodologies. which is why agile seems like the
promised land for pms and managers.