On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Vivec <gel21...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I understand you were saying what-if.
> And in doing so you compared a grown adult to a child.

No I wasn't. I never compared an adult to a child. No matter how you slice
it, I did not do that.

> You did that , not me. That's all I was pointing out to you. I understand
> the point you were trying to make.

And I think it was irrelevant, UNLESS you were comparing an adult to a 12
> year old child, at which point I thought it was a belittling comparison.
>
> *"With the disclaimer that I am not a qualified medical professional, I
> think*
> *she is in an abusive relationship. "*
>
> And that right there is where we part ways with agreeing.
> Because you do not have enough information to make that determination.

I have experience dealing with victims of abuse. Do you?

 If you are right, what happens? They continue to be millionaires (assuming
they did not piss away the $25 million he has already made from the
Ravens). If you are right, he will likely be reinstated by the NFL and
signed to a team.

If I am right, she will wind up in the hospital or the morgue.

Should we not error on the side of caution?

> And we are not talking about all domestic disputes, we not talking about
> all women that abuse their husbands, or all husbands that abuse their
> wives.
> We are talking about this single isolated incident.
>
> Anything else you say is pure and total speculation on your part regarding
> these two people.
> And that speculation does neither of them any favours, and isn't "Good".
>
> If tomorrow evidence comes out that this is an ongoing abuse either by him
> or by her in their relationship, I'd be the first to say you are right, she
> needs to get out and everything else that you have said.
> But as of now, you don't know. You and everyone else is speculating.

So, hit her once, get a pass. Hit her again...now we have a problem?

> And by doing so you are basically saying that woman is crazy, she is not in
> control of her faculties, and so you, TMZ, the Media and the Public get to
> make decisions for her, and get to decide what is right for her.

So, your solution is to do nothing until he hits her again? What if the
next time he does permanent and/or fatal damage?

I resent the implication that I am saying she is 'crazy' because I think
she is involved in an abusive relationship, and goes to further my opinion
that you have never had any kind of experience with anyone in an abusive
relationship.

> Let me flip it. Based on what I saw, I think she abuses Rice, and that Ray
> Rice is in an abusive relationship. And he snapped in that elevator.
> He was drunk, she was drunk....she came at him again like she always does,
> cussing and shouting at him, and slapping him around...and he snapped.
> How's that?

You sound even more like Rick. If that is truly how you feel, I am
disappointed.