Memories of 9/11 for me are always and will always be tied to this list. I
was more scared that day than I ever really admitted to, and having the
members of the list at that time talking to one another, and calling out
for each other, and making sure those we knew in NY were safe, was
comforting. Comforting during a time when I thought planes were going to
drop out of the sky and on our heads. I don't think I left the apartment
for days. I was IM'ing with someone and reading the list that morning and
had the news on when the messages started coming in.

https://www.mail-archive.com/cf-community%40houseoffusion.com/msg10014.html

https://www.mail-archive.com/cf-community%40houseoffusion.com/msg09981.html

I lived so close I could smell the towers burning. I don't know why we had
to be attacked. I don't understand nor do I care to understand, the
political issues behind any of it. If there were any. I don't go out of my
way to memorialize the day. I just quietly think back to how I felt, and
what I saw, and where I sat.

This list has been through a lot. And I barely participate. I have almost
left myself for my own reasons. But hitting the kill switch has proved to
be harder to do than I thought. And I've been right there. Sitting on the
website. Unsubscribe selected. And unable to hit submit.

But it's a REALLY sad day when Mama Maureen is so exasperated and fed up
that she has to bow out of here.

I wish people would consider how the words they so carelessly type on their
keyboards are taken to heart by some. Forever archived on the internet.
Forever showing people just how cruel someone can be. You never ever know
what the last straw is for someone. What the last "comeback" or "dig" is
that sends that person off the ledge.

Just be cognizant of what you type. What purpose does it serve to be so
downright cruel to one another that you have to call people names because
they don't agree with you? Or they don't have the same political party? Or
religious beliefs? Or even like cats or dogs? Or children?

Trolls will troll ... why feed them?

I'm just sad today. That this once really great list has come to this.

E with a sad K
and no muffins.