At 09:51 AM 7/15/02, Jochem wrote:

>If you get news from around the world, where do you get it from? How
>much do you get? (And where do you live if that isn't readily known
>yet?)

I freely admit to being a news junkie.  I read and/or listen to as much of
it as I can get. For a quick fix of just headline stuff, my main source of
ongoing news is CNN.com and I have yahoo configured to show me AP and
Reuters top stories. But I usually research the stories that interest me
way beyond that.

  I read our local daily Atlanta newspaper, which occasionally contains
story of local interest but overall does a lousy job of covering the
news.  I also read the NY Times, Washington Post, UK Guardian, Wall Street
Journal, San Jose Mercury Times, San Francisco Bee, and depending on where
news is happening in the world, local papers from other countries. I have a
huge set of newspaper links, and sometimes I just browse them to see that
the rest of world has to say about the US and to get a different take on
news that isn't tinted by American nationalism.

I also subscribe to news update email notices about space, space
exploration weather, earthquakes, volcanos, archaeology, etc.  and at least
once a day find myself running a google on some story that the mainstream
media didn't cover well just to see the entire story for myself.