-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 11:58 AM

Oy, it sucked. Basically, he was a sickly kid named James Hewlet. His
parents got him a playmate with red hair named rose. Mr. Logan was the
grounds keeper and looked almost exactly like the wolverine of today. He
had a son called dog who everyone though was wolvie in the first issue
or so (and may turn out to be sabertooth, but I doubt it). Things
happen, wolvies parents are killed, he pops claws and guts logan and
goes catatonic. Rose takes him to canada as they've been thrown out by
wolvies grandfather.. She says his name is logan to a request of who he
is.
He lives and grows stronger (healing factor kicking in) there but his
memory is shot. It turns out that they're writing it that his healing
factor erases traumatic memories over time so he forgets things like his
early life, etc.
Rose falls for another man, dog hunts for them, they fight, wolvie
remembers his past, accidentally kills rose, runs off. He has no memory
of her, his name, early life, etc. All he knows is that he likes red
heads. :) In a nutshell.