1. That comment was targeted at the comment, what happened to innocent until
proven guilty.  I was saying that since they were not US citizens, and since
they were caught during military operations (other than war) and they were
not in the UNIFORMED military service of their host nation (which would have
meant fighting for the Northern Alliance, which at the time was the legally
recognized government) that they do not have the same rights that are
accorded to US citizens.  Listen people we did these guys a favor.  Had we
sent them home they would have been tortured and killed.  Period.  I don't
know how you can scream and rant about human rights in the face of reality.
The Taliban that they supported was one of the worst human rights abusers in
existence.

2. You as an American can disavow your citizenship when ever you feel like
it.  You simply go into the consulate or embassy at your new host nation,
turn in your passport, and sign a paper.  Many people have done just that.
Lee Harvey Oswald did just that.  Had he done that he would be in Cuba with
the rest of the goobers.

3. Well as a former 11b1p (Airborne, All the way!!)  I would have to say
that should the national command authority decide to waste a single highly
trained live in such a way, well that would be a damned shame.  Seriously
though, He would then just be an American Citizen in a foreign nation.  The
people who were the recognized government (The Northern Alliance) were
Afghans.  They were locals, and they were fighting a war. One that was very
much in our favor to win.

I am sorry but I think we would be remiss in NOT playing favorites in
situations like that.  Be a realist man, the Taliban was openly supporting
an organization that killed thousands of American civilians.  They decimated
their own populace.

I am not a big imperialist.  I am kind of an isolationist truth be told. In
this case I think we were justified.  Iraq, well I am not so sure there.  We
will have to see how it unfolds.

Tim Heald
I don't know
School Link Inc.
910.223.2116 x 122

http://www.schoollink.net
Providing technology solutions for educators