Erika L. Walker-Arnold wrote:

> Which reminds me of how incredible it is that over here (UK), you can
> rent a boat, buy a boat, drive a boat ... (recreational) ... Without a
> license. The speed limits are really slow (4-7 mph), but it's still a
> boat. Anybody can go rent a boat, and drive it down the Thames. Without
> ever having driven one before. Scary.

Why scary? Anybody can drive a bike without a license. Equally
dangerous. Just when it is a motorbike that can go fast, you need a
license. And I am pretty sure that you need a license to drive a speedboat.

> And all that work I put in, studying for a boater's license. Useless.
> <grin>

Not useless, you will learn quite a lot. For instance, if you pay
attention to the navigation part it also comes in handy when hiking etc.

Jochem

--
Properly licensed for anything recreational