I am surprised Beth.  I would not have thought you felt that way.

Personally I feel that protected speech, weather self imposed, or otherwise
is bad for all involved.  I mean look at the eminem issues over the last few
years and the manson ones.  Ridiculous.  I mean we have to decide is all
speech that is not directly criminal (I ask you to go kill a specific
person, steal a specific thing) protected?  If it is not, then is any speech
truly protected, because there will be somene(s) responsible to judge what
should be protected.  I personally don't trust anyone with that kind of
power over me.

Remember this.  People give words power, the words themselves mean nothing.

The words Jesus Christ don't bother me.  No matter how they are used, as a
curse or in worship.

Others beliefs are there own.  I don't expect people to live according to my
wishes, why should I change how live to suit theirs?

My 2 cents

Tim