William H. Bowen wrote:
> Of course, at the same time, the rest of the world broke their necks racing
> at great speeds to help out.

Some even broke their necks racing to help people deeper in. I can think
of at least 4 countries (2 African and 2 European). But the thought that
this tpe of calculation is actually made (even apart from the outcome of
it) just doesn't feel right.

And do you know what is scary? Hearing these numbers doesn't even make
me angry, just sad. Sad of what a place this world is. Sad that when I
take a god look at some of the classes I follow in Uni, they teach me to
do exactly this type of calculation. But in the end I will just shrug
and go on.
Sometimes I wonder whether I should be disturbed by myself.

Jochem

--
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
                           -   Joseph Stalin