: [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
: > anybody read/see Crichton's "Andromeda Strain" where the
: > scientist missed a key datum 'cause a blinking light
: > triggered a seizure?
:
: Ahhh. From the days plot mattered. That is a hell of a movie.
:
: Jochem

It was okay.  I have this problem with Crichton:  he builds up this powerful
plotline, and then wimps out at the end.  The andromeda strain mutated
harmlessly.  Jurassic Park ends with the revelation that the dinosaurs will
die off on their own without viatmin supplements.  Sphere is a similar
copout.  In Congo, IIRC (it's been a while since I read it, and the awful
movie has contaminated me) they just run off (except the ape, who "goes
home").

If the rest of the book is so great, why does the last chapter always suck?

  --Ben Doom
    Programmer & General Lackey
    Moonbow Software