no 'pologies!
actually you're more right than wrong

we don't do guilt in the sense you and the film were
referring to.

BTW another bit of knowledge - the eve of Yom Kippur is
called "Kol Nidre" which means "All Vows". Back in the
time of the Spanish Inquisition, many Jews were faced
with choosing between torture/death and converting to
Catholicism. We have a tradition where you don't feel
guilty for not fulfilling vows made under duress. We
even have an "out" if you have made a good-faith effort
to fulfill a vow and can't.

-Ben