And Mr. Lewis said CF-Community was full of juvenile chatter...

well maybe but this sort of discussion  is definitely not.

Its a fair amount to think of Michael, like any technology there are
unintended consequences of it. In the end it comes down to who will control
the surveillance. If its a small group then you'd have a system that makes
1984 look like an open democracy. If its generally available, then it makes
conspiracies very difficult. In Brin's latest book he suggested a law I
rather like. called the Henchman law - where the underlings are encouraged
to rat on their bosses for immunity and a portion of the fines etc. If such
a law was in place the chances of an Enron or World Com may not have
occurred.

At the same time the degree of scrutiny also makes me quite nervous. it
seems to me we are at the same point where people were during the start of
the Industrial Revolution. I do not think that anyone had an idea of the
implications of all the technological developments that happened then.

larry

--
Larry C. Lyons
ColdFusion/Web Developer