Blah, he's just trying to divert attention away from the Enron scandal.
He'll do ANYTHING to stay far away from the big E as possible

-----Original Message-----
From: Marlon Moyer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 10:56 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: More indications...

This article is the exact way I feel about the Iraq situation.  I agree,
_eventually_ something has to be done.  I'm hoping that something can be
done from the inside with a lot less blood of our own lost.  I can't
understand why he has to call for the ability to declare war right now.
 I'm sure the congress would give him authority if he came to them and
said 'Okay guys, tomorrow we're invading because of such and such' given
that "such and such" were valid reasons.  Really though, if war is your
last resort, why is he calling for the ability to start it right now.

I'm also very sick of him trying to make it a patriotic issue.  If
you're not going to vote for his proposal, you must not care for the
lives of the American people.  This line of reasoning is so
anti-American.  This country was founded on dissenting views, hence a
congress and party system.  This same line of reasoning is used against
me when people say I'm pro-abortion even though abortion is very
disgusting to me and would never be my choice, but since I support an
individuals choice, I'm labelled pro-abortion (as if anyone is really
pro-abortion).

Marlon

Howie Hamlin wrote:

>..that GW is either waging war because Saddam tried to "kill his daddy" or
because he wants to affect the November
>elections:
>
>WASHINGTON -- While President Bush marshals congressional and international
support for invading Iraq, a growing number
>of military officers, intelligence professionals and diplomats in his own
government privately have deep misgivings
>about the administration's double-time march toward war.
>
>These officials charge that administration hawks have exaggerated evidence
of the threat that Iraqi leader Saddam
>Hussein poses -- including distorting his links to the al-Qaida terrorist
network -- have overstated the amount of
>international support for attacking Iraq and have downplayed the potential
repercussions of a new war in the Middle
>East.
>
>They charge that the administration squelches dissenting views and that
intelligence analysts are under intense pressure
>to produce reports supporting the White House's argument that Saddam poses
such an immediate threat to the United States
>that pre-emptive military action is necessary.
>
>"Analysts at the working level in the intelligence community are feeling
very strong pressure from the Pentagon to cook