> > A neighbor of ours did housework for a Jewish family.  It was cool.  She
> > would always bring us Matza Balls and crackers and everything with the
> word
> > "Koshered" on it.  My favorite was Koshered Pickled Herring!
>
> That stuff is EEEEEVIL.
>

> > Anyhow, she's a converted Jew (Bhuddist before).  Can she move to Israel
> > permanently? heh
>
> She could.

Yes, she could _now_.
But if the Ultra Orthodox succeed in changing the
Law of Return (which says that all Jews can "return"
to Israel) to define a Jew by conversion as only
someone converted by an Orthodox rabbi, then she
would be SOL.

The Ultra Orthodox also don't want to recognize
marriages performed by Conservative, Reform, or
Reconstructionist rabbis.

-Ben