There was a generics study done a few years back to trace what was called
the 'priestly gene' in Jews. Basically, those descendent from the priestly
'class' have certain rules of marriage. They were able to find a specific
gene that was present in a huge percentage of Jews from this class and was
missing in other Jews or non-Jews.
Taysacs is a genetic disease that mainly affects Jews of European dissent.
Both of these (and more) point to some specific traits of Jews as a race.
OK, there are

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/07/980714071409.htm

> In my definition of race, it is your genetic makeup.  In other words, I
have German, Irish and Czech ancestors so those
> three lineages comprise my race (although, I guess you could also call me
caucasian).  Since race cannot be changed but
> religion can, I guess that's one reason that my friend told me that Jewish
was not a race.

> Anyway, I'm not trying to argue the point (I even noted my naivete <g>)
and I'll just say that some of the Jewish people
> that I know think one way and some think the other...nothing wrong with
that.

> I should also ask my father-in-law what he thinks (he is a Russian Jew
although he's not religious).

> Regards,
>
> Howie

My
> > daughter and youngest son is pale skinned. What race are we?
> > The race that we can trace ourselves back through for generations:
Jewish.