Man Mikey, I just read that you're of the Chosen people.  I dont feel very
special :-(

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 3:25 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Caucasian Jews

No disrespect but that's the most asinine thing I've ever heard and I've
said so whenever this argument was presented. You can not claim to be
anything you want to be as there are 'rules' governing belonging to any
group. Can I be black? No. I don't have any known ancestors that are black.
Can I be Christian? No, I reject Jesus as Messiah. Can I be Muslim? No, I
reject Mohammed as a prophet. Can I be Pagan? No, I'm a religious Jewish.
Each of those groups have rules to say who can belong and who can not. If I
violate the rules, especially if the rule is a 'major' one, then there's no
chance of belonging.