From: Candace Cottrell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 1:55 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Perception - Dan

To society, yes, it does come down to skin color.  I'm not saying we
necessarily are how we are peceived, just that that's how we are
labeled.
I disagree with labeling, but it happens. Even within the black
community, it happens. I think it's a divisive thing.

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
937-641-4293
http://www.childrensdayton.org

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/10/2002 1:33:02 PM >>>
We are as we are perceived?  Now I know I'm perceived as extremely
white
when I'm wearing shorts, but I feel black.  Er, no, maybe not.  ;)  Not
sure
I agree though, that we are as we are perceived ... I know too many
people
who are perceived as idiots and they haven't figured that out yet ...
or are
you talking only skin color?

Then again, there's Michael Jackson to screw up the whole thing ...
http://www.dotmusic.com/news/October2002/news26803.asp

"According to reports, Gordon also claims to have witnessed Jackson
injecting himself to make his skin lighter. He says he saw the
superstar
inject "some sort of fluid" in 1985."

Dan