From: Nick McClure [mailto:cf-lists@;king-nacho.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 1:23 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: How free are we?

To say this shows that you don't truly understand the document. The
document was an experiment, and it still is.

The Articles of Confederation were too weak to keep things together.
Countries were prepared to send 13 separate diplomats to the individual
states.

The people came together in secret long after the Revolutionary War, to
create a stronger Federal Government, but one that was to stay out of
the lives of the individual.

It took a long time and many heated arguments before they finally showed
it to the public. Then came the campaign to show people to beauty of
such a simple yet powerful document.

I speak of it like I know the people who wrote it, but that is because I
am one of those guys that truly believes that no matter how much the
government tries to take more power, the Constitution will prevail.

The same people who brought us the Constitution also tell us that Should
Government become destructive of the individual rights of the people, it
is the right and responsibility of the people to abolish it, and set up
new government. To paraphrase the Declaration of Independence.