>What else? I don't know, maybe Deanna will chime in with what I normally do
that she has to clean up. :-)

Nah, the stuff that Kevin normally doesn't do that I tell him to do are the
newer things that I haven't pounded into his head yet - like using
cfqueryparams (which is more of a "bonus - this coder knows something" flag
than a "dummy" flag).

Some other dummy things:
Using static datasource names/usernames/passwords for your cfqueries. These
should always be variables that you set one place (Application.cfm or
something else that's included in the Application.cfm). If you've ever had
to change a database password without doing this, you'll know what I mean.

Not using any caching anywhere - ie calling a query for a list of states
over and over, instead of caching it. If I recall correctly, the list of
states hasn't changed much in the last oh....50 or so years.

Not checking for the existence of crucial variables (okay, Kevin does this
one, but I forget sometimes, too). In other words, you have an action page
that has to have a "recordid" passed to it. You forgot to either to set a
default or check to see if it is defined.

Oh, that reminds me of another one - using really old deprecated tags - like
parameterexists(). I still see that in code occasionally.

Enough.
-d

Deanna Schneider
Interactive Media Developer