From: Marlon Moyer [mailto:marlon@;mcmoyer.com]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 3:20 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: More on social security

>It's not an easy problem to solve, but the argument that private investing
>could somehow return a lower % than SS is invalid in every possible way.

Jeez Cameron, what kind of financial planner have you been talking with.
 How can you say that it's invalid to have a lower return.  If I
invested in Enron for the last 20 years, I guarantee that I'd have a
negative portfolio now.  This is definitely an extreme case, but I'm
just illustrating that bad investing can make negative returns.

Marlon