I wonder...if we were only taxed on goods we buy, maybe we would have more
money to spend more goods!

-----Original Message-----
From: Marlon Moyer [mailto:marlon@;mcmoyer.com]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 3:47 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: More on social security

Cameron, I agree with you that social security isn't the answer to
retirement.  I'm only saying that you cannot guarantee that everyone who
invests  in the stock market comes out ahead.  There are always two
sides to a transaction.  SS seems to be for people who can't or don't
want to plan ahead.  These are probably the same people who can't or
won't  learn about smart investing.  Are you going to suggest a
government funded financial planning program to teach basic investing?

Anyway, the money that you "donate" to ss is just that.  A donation.  I
could sure use the money that I pay in sales taxes.  I mean, do I really
have to pay for the highway system.  I only use 1 major highway most of
the time.  And why should I pay to have my president live in such a
large home.  Couldn't he move into a condo and let's divey out what we
save.  What about schools.  I send my child to a private school.  Why
should I have to pay school taxes.........Social security is no
different than these.  You're pumping money into a pool in which
everyone gets a piece.  SS is a tax.  Not a retirement fund.