ok, this has also been bothering me.  2 things actually...Here's the first.

How to travel faster than light....

Think of a Carousel spinning.  The farther you are from the center carousel
(while still on it), the faster you go...  I am not sure of the relationship
between distance from center/speed, but here what I was thinking.  What if
you have a really long stick, and have it spinning around and around.  The
longer that stick, the faster the speed of the stick.  Let's say we have
this stick out in space.  I was wondering if we can come up with a
speed/length ratio to determine how fast we have to spin the stick and how
long the stick has to be in order to have the ends move as fast as light, or
even faster!  Note:  If you have a stick long enough, you can spin it very
slowly, and the ends can move very fast!  So this means you wouldn't need
much power to spin the stick!  And because it's done in space you won't have
to worry much about other forces acting on it (friction).  What do you guys
think?  I mean is this theoretically sound?  Can it be done?

Also, I wonder what we would be able to see if we were standing 3 feet away
from the center of the stick, and we were looking towards one end of it with
a telescope!!  Any ideas?  WOuld be wierd!

I will post my second thought later after lunch.