From: Philip Arnold - ASP [mailto:pra@;aspmedia.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 11:31 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Hey Ben RE: MAthematical Equation

> How to travel faster than light....

The problem with this is Einstein's theory

The closer you get to the speed of light, the greater your mass - so if
you COULD swing a stick long enough to get the end to near the speed of
light, then the mass at that end would be close to infinite, which means
you could no longer swing the stick

Apart from the fact that if you're swinging in the atmosphere, then by
the time the end of the stick has broken mach several times, then it'll
be getting rather hot, and by the time you're getting even close to the
speeds you'll need, then the friction created by the air would have set
the stick on fire, so if you could get it fast enough, then it'd be
atomised by the friction (not to mention the air being pushed out of the
way would cause catastrophies!)

Philip Arnold
Technical Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer